Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The "I can't help you" calendar

Wow. Been lagging on the bloggity thing. No time to write. Only time to fix bikes. And if I'm lucky, I can actually get out and ride the damn things every once in a while.
One sure fire way of guaranteeing that I get to ride my bike is leaving town w/ my favorite steed loaded up and ready to ride.
And that's exactly what I'm going to do in the upcoming month/months. With that being the case, I'll get on w/ my "I can't help you" calendar. 

Sept 10-15. You can call me, but I won't be around. I'll be in Oakridge Oregon racing the Fat55. This race will definitely push the envelope of strength, bike handling and just how good chamois butter protects my nether regions. 

Sept 23-Oct 6th. I'll be heading back to the great state of Pennsylvania to visit friends and family. Also while I'm there, I'll be doing a "bonus" race in the way of the Terror of Teaberry. My friend Buck recommended this race to me. And Buck's never wrong. Ain't that right Buck.....


Ok. So maybe Buck occasionally makes some poor choices in terms of garment selection, but the dude is usually spot on when it comes to fun places to ride the bike. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buck is trolling you mate. It's only fun if you enjoy non-stop technical rocks in your face, seriously it's a full body workout. Not a lot of rest either between technical singletack. I rode it last year and started to go Delerius by mile 20 (it was a 40 mile race). Definately lean towards the all-mountain side of bike parts (tires!) and take the weight penalty. I went with light weight XC and shredded the tires and about broke everything else. Really, these are some fun trails if you're properly equiped. Good luck!

Gregg said...

Thanx for the info. For some odd reason, I'm lured by races such as this. The more miserable, the marrier.

RyFo said...

If Buck wears that kit I'll go too.

Anonymous said...

We missed you RyFo. I left that kit in Sweden.

@ anonymous,

That shit was proper, no trollin' about it. We had a blast.

BUCK

Unknown said...

Enormous website along with attractive and exclusive materials whatever you need.
http://www.geekrepair.co.nz