Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Northstar Series Race #2

Reasonably better navigating this week. I didn't get lost once!!! More favorable course in comparison to last week.

The start of 1 hour races are usually brutal and tonight's outcome would be no different. I went from 2nd to 7th or so about 1/3rd up the first climb. I managed to get around a few guys before reaching the top & starting the descent. The course descended down Upper Mineshaft to Woods to Deerpath. I like this course. Unlike last weeks course which went straight up.... then straight down, tonight's course went straight up, a couple minutes of descending, then some nice XC style undulating single track with bits of DH trails w/ jumps thrown in for good measure. Table-tops and gap jumps are also something you don't see on your typical XC course..... unfortunately. The DH race that used part of the woods trail definitely worked the trail a bit, but overall the course didn't feel like your typical ski area race.

By lap two, I was in third. About 20 seconds back. I tried "pinning it" in a few sections, but just couldn't make any time on 2nd place. I would stay at 20 seconds back for the entire race loosing just a bit more time while stuck behind some lappers on the final bit of descending of the final lap.

I'd like to thank my sponsors....... oh yea, that's right, I don't have any. Then I guess I'll just thank who/whatever kept my under-inflated front tire from getting a flat.... especially after hearing the tell tale "thung" of the rim hitting a rock.... twice. I saw quit a few folks pushing bikes back down with no air in the tires. Don't people carry provisions for fixing a flat these days???

No comments: