Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Saturday, November 7, 2009

My bikes don't hang!!


Fall in Tahoe is probably my most favorite time of the year. You get escape from the heat, the leaves turn all those fancy colors and you can get in and out of Safeway without feeling like you've spent the better part of your day there. Before you know it the clocks change, the temperatures plummet and bikes get left hanging in the garage as ski season rapidly approaches.

Me...my bikes don't hang (and not because I don't have a garage.... or hooks). Especially now! All summer we ride around Tahoe praying for rain. We theorize just how bad ass the trails would be if the skies would open up every once and a while and graced us with some moisture. Well folks.... that time is NOW! Trail conditions have been the best we've seen all season. Trust me, for the past four weeks I've ridden them almost every day! As the phones at Mighty Mobile virtually stop ringing I've been out trying to get my fill of riding in before we get dumped on with snow and the focus turns from suspension settings and chain lube to climbing skins and fast wax.

I don't rush winter. In fact, I usually wish and pray that the temps stay mild leading up to Thanksgiving and we don't get snow until sometime in mid to late December. I know, I know.... somewhere there's someone reading this with a ski magazine laying next to his/her computer and some new skis leaning in the corner and my blog has just gone from five loyal followers to four, but I DON'T CARE! Don't get me wrong, I love to ski. The thought of bouncing down the side of a mountain through deep, silent powder is something I really do love to do.... I just don't need to do it in November.

No comments: