Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This and That

You guys still out there? Figured you would'a packed up your stuff and headed somewhere else for some more frequent jibber jabber on the interweb. But, since you decided to stop by, I'll do my best to entertain ya'll for a spell.

Been busy doin' busy type stuff. Although the days of the calender tick away at an astonishingly quick pace, I'm still in denial that winter is bearing down on us and before we know it, the trails will be under knee deep snow. Let's hope my wood pile grows in size quite a bit before that happens.

My desire to ride bikes is at an all time high right now. The recent rains have done the trails in Tahoe justice and the riding is the best it's been all season. Dust? What dust? That stuff's pretty much non-existent which makes riding with friends quite pleasurable... a nice change of pace from brown shins, black boogers and chains that sound like the neighbor kids huffy.
My desire for racing however is still low, very very low. I've shown up to some "outlaw cyclocrosses" in the previous weeks but have taken more of a photographers roll than that of a bike racer.
Some current pics here. While the thought of making other people suffer more than I'm suffering myself still sounds neat... it's just not reality right now for me. There will be plenty of time for that again next summer.

Moving on, I was reminded by my buddy (we'll call him Daryn Kratz to protect his real identity) on a recent ride about the "chemtrail conspiracy". He had me snapping all kinds of photos while on a ride last week....like this one here.

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but since it's another unbelievably believable government oriented affair and I haven't heard much from my buddy Tom in a while, I thought I might post it just to see what happens. What the hell am I talking about? I'll leave that to someone with more insight than I have on the subject in the video below. If you're still reading this, you must have alot of free time on your hands so taking another 11 minutes out of your day (or your bosses) won't kill you.


So, as you can see, I've been quite busy lately. Between my unprofessional photography, avoiding aluminum microdust particulates and working on the woodpile I'm still managing to keep bikes rolling for people in Truckee as well as getting out for some rides my damn self. Hope to see ya'll out on the trails.

1 comment:

camps said...

Interesting 11 minutes.
Maybe some sprays like that could give Squaw more of that coveted 5% water content.