Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sea Otter

No. Not going. People always ask.
Even before my status as "retired" from the bike racing world I still didn't go to this race. "Why?" you may ask. My excuses range from "too early in the season" to "too expensive in the wallet" but the biggest reason I never went to the Sea Otter to race was because I've always heard the course isn't all that exciting. It's one of those flattish, smooth-ish "power" type courses I always found uninteresting and unrewarding as a racer - at least for me. The course has to be good to be good, right?
But that doesn't mean that Sea Otter isn't cool! Or so I've heard. I've actually never been there. The Sea Otter hosts some fierce competition in most cycling disciplines at a world cup level just a few hours from Truckee. And that's just the racing.
The other reason Sea Otter is so popular is that it's almost like a mini bike show. The vendor list reads like a who's who in cycling. Fox, Shimano, Sram... the list goes on. If it's a component bolted to your bike, chances are there's an industry presence there. Sea Otter is usually the "launching point" for next years product. I just saw online this morning some new Fox goods that will be available before you know it. Like it or not, as far as the cycling industry is concerned, 2013 is just around the corner.
If you can't make it to Sea Otter but still want to keep tabs on cycling's current events, don't read by blog page! Good grief, this thing doesn't get updated near enough to be "hot", "current", or anywhere near "late breaking". I've got too many bikes to fix and trails to ride to be bothered with keeping my blog updated on a daily basis.
Want the latest "this & that" at Sea Otter? Cruise on over to BikeRumor and see what you'll be spending your hard earned $$'s on in the near future.
Stay tuned folks. I'll be doing some Truckee trail updates as things start melting out.

No comments: