Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ho Ho Ho

and Merry Christmas.

It's days like these that really make me realize just how convenient skiing in the backcountry really is. With over 15" of snow on my deck, driveway, car, and everything else that stands between me and skiing today, there's also that little thing called Christmas. Additionally, getting Megan (my girlfriend) a pass at the resort today would be an exercise in futility as ski areas understandably "tighten their proverbial belt" on cheap tickets during the holiday season. And even if I could get Megan a ticket, we'd need to be at the resort early to ensure some descent skiing as fresh powder disappears faster than a cold 6 pack after an epic ride with your buddies.

Ahh backcountry skiing. Show up early. Show up late. It doesn't matter! I'm going to have AT LEAST one more cup of coffee before snow blowing the driveway. Then I'm diving into that pile of neatly wrapped boxes of who knows what under our tree to see what Santa brought me this year. Then I'm doing some more diving, but this time it's going to be pancakes, an egg and maybe another cup of coffee just for good measure. THEN I'll head out for some turns. Sure we'll see some other tracks, signs that someones been there before us. But who cares! While folks at the resorts are scampering around trying to find a turn or two of untracked powder, we'll be leisurely hiking and skiing our way into contentment by the days end.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you're a slacker, backcountry skiing could be for you.

No comments: