Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Friday, May 8, 2009

That's it....

.... new rule! No more working on the van without drawings! I've wasted an incredibly huge amount of time installing, removing and re-installing misc. things into, out of and back into the van. Thought I could shortcut. Thought I could save some time. Thought I'd just "pull it off". Well..... I thought wrong.

I've also realized (and remembered from doing my truck) that the project of converting the van into a rolling bike shop isn't something that's going to happen quickly. It takes time to make things right. Make things efficient. Make things work for the long haul.
On a positive note... things are happening. I took the time to clean up a bit inside and install some shelving. Interesting project. Drilling lots of holes to tie in the shelving into the sides of the van. Gotta keep things in check while in "mobile mode" on the highways and byways of the greater Truckee area ya know. Also, got some great ideas on how to support the workbench, my next undertaking, from a customer the other day. We did some heavy duty brainstorming on how to make things work and I'm ready to apply some of them.... after yet another trip to the hardware store of course.

No comments: