Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dream Job

Someone told me the other day that I had a "dream job". And ya know what, most of the time I would say she was right. A typical day doing mobile bike repair sees me working on sweet rides in the fresh air as I work my way through the various neighborhoods of a cool mountain town surrounded by singletracks in every direction. My customers are rad. I bring my dog. I'm my own boss. Shit man... what more could ya want? I'M WINNING!!

Then, there are the other days. A heinous west wind is blowing paper towels off my work bench and testing the breaking point of the wooden dowels that hold up my sunshade (now acting as a sail) above me. All of this is happening while I'm looking for an incredibly small Mavic freehub spring which has accidentally fallen off my workbench and now hides camouflaged by the surface of a black driveway. Can't they make those things in some sort of day glow color? Then, while looking for another spring in the parts bin, I'll "find" that replacement hydraulic line cutter blade now embedded deep into the end of an eerily dirty thumb.

Yep. Dream job.   

No comments: