Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair is guaranteed, top quality bike repair parts & service that comes to your doorstep!

Looking for a simple brake adjustment.... is that skipping chain driving you crazy.... how about those leaky seals on your suspension fork..... oh you need a wheel built.... the search is over! Mighty Mobile is here to help!

Let 20 years of friendly service help you out of your next bike conundrum. Serving all of Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.

Gregg Stone
Mighty Mobile Bicycle Repair
fixthebike@gmail.com

Friday, August 2, 2013

Over the Verizon

   Soooo.... we're having a little telephone communications issue here at Mighty Mobile..... again! Please text or email me for best response over the next few days. Today is Friday, Aug 2nd.
  
   Also.... we'll be closed this weekend for Downieville. Back to work on Monday the 5th.

 For some reason, my phone is intermittently losing sound on both ends of a call. This is obviously a frustrating situation for both parties of the attempted conversation. I don't know why this happens to me. I don't consider myself "hard" on phones but I've been through 8 of these damn things in the last 16 months! (5 IPhones/3 Motorola's) WTF!!  My phones status of "in warranty" is the only thing that kept it from skittering across the street a few times yesterday. I know that throwing my phone against the ground wouldn't fix the phone's ability to transmit sound, but seeing it explode into a couple of hundred tiny pieces would've surely made me feel a heck of a lot better.

  I spent some time with Verizon last night in an attempt at getting the situation resolved. This took a great deal of time, not to mention a couple of cans of Modelo Especial to get through the "process". Monique (at Verizon) was very helpful and friendly until I wouldn't give her a "yes" to the question of "have I resolved all of your issues today sir?" This lead into another ten minutes of conversation that went nowhere... except another can of Modelo.

   If only I made bicycle components instead of fixing them, I'd have the means to drive my Ferrari down to the Verizon store and simply pay retail for a new phone. Sram has announced it's releasing 1x11 in a more affordable X0 version. Remember... it's the more in "more affordable" that keeps the statement from being ridiculous.

 
Sheeeite!! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting rid of front shifting, but damn... that's some serious coin. I used to preach the "almost everyone can afford to ride exactly what pro racers ride" statement, but Sram's sort of getting a little out of hand here. Yes, for the low low price of $399 you too can have a cassette (just the cassette) that's NOT top of the line. Of course you'll need a crankset to go with that which will set you back $319... but you'll have to come up with some more cash for the chainring and bottom bracket.... cause their NOT included. It won't be long before the price of a nice mountain bike will surpass that of a nice dirt bike (motorcycle) and folks will start to realize that they can twist the throttle of a moto and ride more trails in a day than they could in an epic week of pedaling a $10,000 bicycle.
 
All right. Enough ranting and bitching for now. I've gotta keep something "pent up" for when I talk to Verizon again later today (while using someone else's phone).
 
See you in Downieville!
 
 
ps... Sako... I love you!! 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Article....except the very end.... and I mean very end..